Call for entries: GDC Award 2021
GDC Award runs every other year to praise and recommend the best designs with an aim to encourage creative designers since its foundation in 1992. Attracting designers from all over the world, GDC developed from »a top design award among Chinese designers« to »one of the most important global design awards«. GDC Award is more than an award, but a design community that is full of creativity and continuous improvement. Through a two-year series of activities such as competitions, exhibitions, lectures, interviews, etc., GDC Award gathers top designers together to explore the value of design and promote the concepts of design.GDC is curated and operated by Shenzhen Graphic Design Association (SGDA), a non-profit professional design association.
The deadline for registration of GDC Award 2021 is by 24:00 on September 30, 2021.
GDC Award 2021 will recognize excellent designs that respond to the following four aspects:
1. Visual exploration: abide by the essence of design to explore forward-looking, experimental visual languages
2. Social concern: respond to social issues and propose new solutions
3.Commercial promotion: create more imaginative business scenarios for the consumer market
4. Technology integration: embrace technological progress, and practice new design thinking, paths and methods.
– Works shall be created between September 1, 2019 and October 1, 2021.
– It opens for students, designers and design institutions around the world.
– Please visit GDC Award official website gdc.sgda.cc for more information.